Friday, July 1, 2011

Powell's City of Books • Portland, OR • A favorite stop on the road trip

Powell's Books in Portland, OR was the place everyone was talking about when they found out we were heading to Portland, so I had incredibly high expectations of the place. Those standards were not only met, but greatly exceeded. Wow. This 68,000 square foot bookstore is nothing to be messed with. It's broken up into 9 color-coded rooms on four floors which takes up a whole city block! They have an extensive collection of new books and also buy used books. I could have easily spent a year in there.

 Couldn't leave without this chocolate bar looking book. Perfect for any chocolate lover!
 "99% of all books ever published are now out of print."
 One of my favorite childhood books...in french. 
 In one of the many gift shops they sold some of the designs from SCAD (where I got my bachelor's in Photography) working class studio!
 Reading really IS sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment