Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gallery LUKE- Seattle, WA

Yesterday, I visited my friend Luke's gallery in Pioneer Square. These photos do not even remotely do his contemporary quilts justice. If you are in Seattle, WA you should definitely check out Gallery LUKE! If you want to see more of his work, also check out his website  where you can watch him make a quilt and read a lot more about his work. For now, check out a few photos I took while I was there.
Gallery LUKE from the outside. The reflection of him in the upper-left part of the window is pretty neat. It's from one of his latest self-portrait quilts.
 Luke with the hammer quilt from his "Man Stuff" series.
 This quilt is made entirely of used clothes.
Do you see the glove?
*******************************************************************
After visiting Luke at his gallery, I went to check out his exhibition at the Seattle Coffee Works  located very close to Pike's Place Market. As stated on Luke's website "I made the pieces on the bags they get their beans shipped in from all over the world. I chose Seattle Icons as the images because it is the unifying purpose for these bags to ship in from all over.
I snapped a few shots with my iPhone of Luke's Seattle Coffee series.


No comments:

Post a Comment